- AWS experienced a major issue in US East 2 (Ohio) on Monday December 5th when internet connectivity was dropped for nearly 40 minutes. AWS services themselves were not down, but the connections from outside of AWS failed. See here for more information about the outage.
- Google Ad Manager had a major outage for many users in which ads were not being displayed that lasted for over 2 hours on the 8th. See here for more information about the outage.
Notable Metrist-Reported Downtime
While these outages didn’t make the news, these issues caught by Metrist may have affected your company’s app and operations.
- AWS RDS (MySQL) was unable to create instances from US East 2 for 18 minutes on the 6th.
- Azure AKS was unable to Create Clusters from Azure Canada Central for 35 minutes on the 6th.
- Azure CDN was unable to Pure Files from Azure East US 2 for 42 minutes on the 6th. Then on the 11th, the platform was unable to Get Long Cached Files from Azure Canada Central for 20 minutes.
- Zoom was unable to Join Calls from US East 2 for 4 separate 8-38-minute instances and from US West 1 for 3 separate 8-55-minute instances on the 6th. Then on the 7th, the platform was unable to Join Calls from US West 2 for 55 minutes.
- Twilio Video was unable to Join Room from US East 1 for 59 minutes on the 6th.
- GitHub had a mix of extreme latency and failed requests for a total of 8 minutes globally for 8 minutes on the 9th.
- Trello was unable to Delete Cards from US East 1 for 47 minutes on the 12th.