Elastic had a major outage in that it accidentally deleted customer instances on the 11th. You can learn more about the outage here. The issue started sometime between 2UTC and 3UTC with the first status page update about 5 hours later.
Notable Metrist-Reported Downtime
While these outages didn’t make the news, these issues caught by Metrist may have affected your company’s app and operations.
- AWS RDS was unable to Create Instances from US East 1 for a 52-minute period and a 34-minute period on the 13th.
- Azure SQL was unable to Create SQLServer from Azure East US for 18 minutes on the 9th.
- Azure Cosmos DB was unable to CreateCosmosAccount from Azure Central US for 58 minutes on the 9th.
- GCP App Engine was unable to Create Version from GCP US East 1 for 10 minutes on the 15th.
- Zoom was unable to JoinCall from US West 1 for 14 minutes on the 12th.
- Sentry had 51 minutes of issue creation timeouts across all North American regions followed by extreme latency on the 12th before the software made a full recovery.
- New Relic experienced off and on periods of extreme latency when Submitting Events for 10 hours on the 12th.
- HubSpot was unable to Get Contacts from AWS US West 1 for 17 minutes on the 17th.