Check out “what went down” for the week ending Saturday, September 10th, 2022.
Github was throwing errors for some users on some requests. Although the errors were occasional and happened throughout the week (and continuing to date), they were pervasive enough for the issue to make it to the front page of Hacker News on the 6th.
Notable Metrist-Reported Downtime
While these outages didn’t make the news, these issues caught by Metrist may have affected your company’s app and operations.
- Azure CDN had failures getting, updating, and deleting files in 6 of 12 American regions for about 20 minutes on the 5th. Then on the 7th, CDN was unable to get files across North America for about 3 hours, 16 minutes. The second outage was likely a residual impact from an issue with Azure Front Door as reported on their status page.
- Azure AKS was unable to create new clusters in Azure East US on the 7th for about 40 minutes. The issue was likely related to the CDN/Front Door issue, and we saw intermittent failures for this product in other regions for about an hour.
- Azure VMs also had issues on the 7th, related to the above issues. This product was unable to create new instances in Azure East US for about 17 minutes.
- Zoom was down twice on the 6th, the first for nearly 3 hours, and the second for nearly 2 hours, causing some users in Canada to only be able to join calls about 50% of the time. The outages occurred around midnight Pacific time, and continued through mid-morning. On the 10th, many users in the Eastern US saw 20-second delays when joining calls and this issue lasted for nearly a half hour Saturday morning Pacific.
- CircleCI was down for about 1 hour, 15 minutes then exhibited extreme latency for 40 minutes on the 6th. Then on the 7th, the platform was unable to run Docker Workflows for about 36 minutes.
- Auth0 was unable to authenticate users in the Auth0 US-3 instance for about 14 minutes on the 7th. While the outage was short, it was a major issue for a portion of Auth0 customers. Metrist saw this issue exactly 10 minutes before Auth0 updated its status page.
Want to see more What Went Down? Check out the archive.