Notable Metrist-Reported Downtime
While these outages didn’t make the news, these issues caught by Metrist may have affected your company’s app and operations.
- AWS RDS was unable to create new instances in AWS US East 2 for 54 minutes on the 16th. The platform was timing out with no errors thrown.
- AWS SQS had extreme latency for writing messages in AWS US West 1 with response times spiking more than 700% from normal for 3 hours and 24 minutes on the 14th.
- Azure Cosmos DB was unable to create Cosmos DB accounts in Azure East US for 18 minutes on the 16th. Errors were thrown all day on all checks related to creating Cosmos DB databases. These issues occurred throughout the week from the 17th-21st. Specific outages included the same accounts issue on the 17th for 21 minutes with errors thrown all morning and on the 18th for 45 minutes.
- Azure AKS was unable to create deployments in Azure Central US for 30 minutes on the 18th.
- Azure VMs was unable to create new instances in Azure West US for 28 minutes on the 19th.
- CircleCI was unable to run Dock workflows for 20 minutes on the 14th.
- PagerDuty was unable to send webhooks for 1 hour 14 minutes on the 14th. Metrist saw warning signs about 1 hour prior to the issue starting. This issue started before midnight Pacific time and was resolved early the next day.